Winning your car at salvage auto auction can be nothing short of exhilarating. The question remains, how will you get the car home? Thankfully, RideSafely has many options available to come pick up your salvage car or to ship salvage vehicles directly to your doorstep, making sure you got the best deal for your money!
If your vehicle was purchased close by or if you want to make the long haul to come retrieve it directly, you can choose our pick up option.
- Pick up is relatively simple. Once you receive notification that your vehicle is ready, you can come to the location that it is being stored.
- You will need to present any relevant paperwork, and you must have a zero balance in order for the vehicle to be released.
- Keep in mind that if a vehicle has a salvage title, then it cannot be legally driven on the road until it has been rebuilt.
- This rule applies even if the vehicle is capable of running.
- Once you arrive, you can either tow the vehicle home or have it loaded onto a truck.
- A forklift will be present to assist you, although extra fees may apply for the service.
Having your vehicle shipped to you is a great option if you do not have the mean to retrieve or haul it yourself. Just like personal pickup, your shipping agent must have all the relevant paperwork on hand and your account must have a zero balance before they can acquire the vehicle.
HaulMatch can ship anywhere in the world, so feel free to contact them if you need a quote for outside of the US or International Freight Shipping to Georgia, Guatemala, Poland, Lithuania, Ghana, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Nigeria, Honduras, Bolivia, Jordan, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
If your vehicle was purchased close by or if you want to make the long haul to come retrieve it directly, you can choose…
Title and Keys
Your title will be mailed to you as soon as it is processed by RideSafely – Customer Service. All titles are processed in the order in which their respective vehicles were purchased. You will receive notification when your title is set to be mailed via USPS regular post. Other options can be chosen to expedite the title being mailed to you at additional cost.
As for keys, many insurance auctions do not happen to have keys present. Since salvage vehicles are non-drivable, ignition keys are not kept track of by insurance storage facilities or auction personnel as most normal cars would. You can find more information on Ridesafely Help Center here.
If your vehicle arrives without keys, you can have a custom set made by calling the appropriate dealership with your VIN number, or by bringing either the ignition code or ignition assembly to a locksmith.
Thanks to the convenience of vehicle shipping, you will be able to have your vehicle in your possession in no time. Once you have your vehicle running again and with appropriate title and keys, you can take to the road in your bargain-priced salvage car or salvage truck and be the envy of all your friends with expensive auto loan payments.